Vivesoy, exciting new range of soy drinks from Spain, not only taste delicious but have a host of healthy benefits too.
Soya or soybeans, are a green edible bean that can be used for a number of purposes.
They have been found to be highly nutritious, making them popular as the base for healthy food and drink products such as soya drinks.
As a drink they are enjoyed around the globe by a huge and diverse range of people, ranging from those looking to gain from health benefits to those who want to avoid lactose and those who simply enjoy the taste.
Amongst their properties soya or soybeans have been found to be:
in natural protein and essential amino acids,
Contain omegas-3 and 6 –also called the ‘essential fatty acids’, with health benefits,
Rich in minerals and nutrients such as iron, potassium and vitamin K,
High in fibre,
Rich in isoflavones – natural plant oestrogens with a number of positive health properties.
Vivesoy UK have introduced a range of delicious flavours so you’ll definitely be able to find one you enjoy. There are six flavours, which have been handpicked and tweaked for the UK market including – natural, light, unsweetened, chocolate, cappuccino, and vanilla.
You can replace cow’s milk in almost any recipe with Vivesoy Natural or Light (or Unsweetened if you prefer) without the need for changing quantities - simply swap it one for one. Perfect for breakfast pancakes, smoothies, rich winter soups, dairy free rice pudding, custards and sauces.
Having sampled the whole range I was quite impressed not only by the pleasant taste but the versatility of the product. My favorites were the cappuccino, which served on ice, was full of flavour and refreshing. The chocolate is perfect served hot or cold and the vanilla is rich and creamy and tasted like I was drinking custard – delicious. Having hit the UK in 2013, Vivesoy is now available nationwide in Tesco and Waitrose stores.
Here are some great recipe suggestions for you to try:
Cream of Cauliflower Soup
A light cream soup that gets the best from an under-appreciated vegetable
INGREDIENTS: (serves 6)
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
1 cauliflower chopped into florets and cleaned
250ml Vivesoy Natural
600ml water or vegetable stock
1) Peel and chop the onion, garlic and leek then fry in a large saucepan with the heated olive oil for a few minutes until the vegetables begin to colour.
2) Add the cauliflower and fry for a few minutes more, then season.
3) Add the Vivesoy Natural and your vegetable stock or water. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
4) Take the mixture off the heat and allow to cool before placing in a blender / or using a hand blender in the pan. 5) Place back on the heat and allow to simmer for a further five minutes. 6) Season to taste. Serve hot, good with chopped chives and some grated DAIRY FREE cheese.
Piquillo Peppers Stuffed with Prawns
Piquillo peppers are fantastic ingredients and work well stuffed with a host of different fillings. Try this recipe with prawns and Vivesoy Light for a tasty dish that’s low in calories.
INGREDIENTS: (serves 4)
12 piquillo peppers
200g peeled and chopped prawns
1 onion peeled and chopped very small
1 clove garlic, minced
4 tbsp. tomato puree
500 ml of Vivesoy Light
30 ml of olive oil
30g o flour
1) Fry the onion and garlic in olive oil in a pan for about 10 minutes. Add the prawns and fry all together for a few minutes until the prawns are cooked throughout
2) Add the flour and stir continuously for two minutes. Then gradually add the Vivesoy Light, stirring constantly with a whisk - the mixture should thicken to a sauce.
3) Add salt to taste, stir again and put to one side to let the mixture cool.
4) Carefully fill poquillo peppers with the prawn mixture
5) Place stuffed peppers in an ovenproof dish, spread the tomato puree over the top of the peppers, season, and place in a pre-heated oven at 180 ° C for about 5 minutes.
6) Serve 3 peppers per person.
Moo Free Mocha
Vivejoy chocolate is a delicious drink on its own, and can also be warmed up to make a healthy alternative to a traditional hot chocolate or even better added to coffee to make the perfect dairy free mocha.
For more details please visit the Vivesoy website at www.vivesoy.co.uk
For your chance to win the complete set of Vivesoy drinks just answer the following question:
What percentage of soya is in the cappuccino carton of Vivesoy?
Send your answers to email@example.com ensuring you place the words Vivesoy in the subject header, also including your unique Women Talking username with the submission. The competition is only open to Women Talking subscribers and any entry without a valid username will not be accepted.
This competition has now closed.