With the help of Rachel’s, Britain’s first ever certified organic dairy based in Aberystwyth, West Wales, and their delicious range of organic yogurts, desserts and other dairy products, Poppy makes some simple dishes special.
Rachel’s passionately believe that their organic dairy products not only taste delicious but, because they are made with only the best organic ingredients, they’re also better for you, your family, the cows and the environment.
Cheese on toast with a difference
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking time 10 minutes
1 sourdough loaf or baguette
200g strong Welsh cheddar cheese
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 spring onions
100g Rachel’s natural yoghurt (low fat or natural)
2 eggs, separated
1 tbsp plain flour
1. Cut the bread into thick slices and grill or toast
for 2-3 minutes until golden
2. Mix the cheese, mustard, spring onions and yoghurt together with the egg yolk. Whisk together and add the flour,mix again.
3. In a separate and clean bowl whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold the whites into the cheesemix.
4. Spread the mixture over the toast and pop back under the grill until set, bubbling and golden.
5. Serve straight away with a fresh green salad.
Tips and suggestions:
Use rich, mature cheddar to make this recipe taste special and add a dash of Worcestershire sauce for a kick.
Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon Bagels
The ultimate weekend breakfast treat
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Knob of Rachel's butter, extra for spreading on the
3 tbsp Rachel's milk
3 tbsp Rachel’s low fat Natural yogurt
120g smoked salmon Salt & pepper
Chopped chives (optional)
1.Lightly whisk the
eggs with the milk and the yogurt.
2. In a shallow frying pan heat the butter until melted but don’t allow it to burn.
3.Pour in the egg and yogurt mixture and let it sit without stirring for ten seconds. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, lift and fold the eggs. Continue to repeat this until the eggs are set and then season.
4.Serve immediately with smoked salmon on toasted bagels with butter.
Enjoy the Limited Edition low fat ginger & lemon yoghurt straight from the pot or use an ingredient to get creative in the kitchen: simply coat strips of chicken breast or raw tiger prawns with the yoghurt before griddling for a fuss free marinade - available from March onwards.